Notice the sticker-label looking thing with the word "Beta" in it. But now... I checked my email today, and I had received this alert--apparently YouVersion has updated? officiated? its status so that now it's:
Ooo slick black. and no more "Beta" sticker. The subject headline of the email looks like this:
Umm, so I'm confused--it can jump from being in Beta all the way to 2.0? Or did its 1.0 stage last for just a day or something? But then, I'd've received an email about YouVersion coming out of Beta and into 1.0, right? Regardless... Man, YouVersion is different now.Now the homepage opens directly to the Bible Reader. My favorite update to the site is the ability of the reader to open up two versions of the Bible at once. The versions can be sync-ed to the same passage, or they can be unsync-ed. Browsing through the Bible is easier, now, too. I wish I remembered how browsing worked with the old Reader, but I remember that I didn't like it and preferred to search passages up directly through its search engine. Look at its craziness!:
I didn't mention it before, did I, but YouVersion incorporates not just English versions of the Bible, but also OTHER LANGUAGES!!! yesss What a tool to help those learning a different language, eh, especially with two languages side by side. Besides clicking on the "browse" button and using the pop-up menu, you can also click the "previous" and "next" buttons for the "previous" and "next" chapters of that book.And now, instead of "star"-ing a verse, you "bookmark" it. The "My Contents" tabs that I mentioned in my previous post are now gone. Now that half of the screen is tab-less and incorporates widget boxes: "Community Contributions," "My Contributions," "Reading Plan," and "Journal." (They're customizable, but only in that you can re-order them, and choose not to show some--still kind of glitchy, though, because it wasn't cooperating with me earlier.)
Viewing tags in this newer version is easier, too. I think the previous version was rather glitchy with its tagging abilities. Kinda too difficult to explain... Well, I would tag a Verse 1 with "tag 1" and then I'd tag the same Verse 1 and a new Verse 2 with "tag 2," but when I went to look at my tags, it seemed that Verse 1 would be tagged with "tag 1" and Verse 2 with "tag 2" but not Verse 1 and 2 with "tag 2" or something weird like that. But that's fine, cuz I think it's better now.
I don't think they've figured out the attaching/uploading audio and vlogs capabilities yet. Doesn't matter, especially for vlogging. You won't ever catch me doing that, I think.
Overall: nice, YouVersion/LifeChurch.tv! verrry nice
--kowai-kawaii
edit: The slides of my class presentation, mentioned in the first sentence, can be viewed here!:
Youversion Presentation
View more presentations from kowaikawaii.
No comments:
Post a Comment